DESTINED FOR MOTHERHOOD: A STORY OF ADOPTION AND SURROGACY [S5E1]
In this episode of ADOPTION NOW:
Dr. Claire is an amazing licensed psychologist and adoptive mother who has an incredible story of fate, timing, and love conquering all.
After struggling to conceive on their own, Dr. Claire and her husband turned to options of surrogacy by a family member, as well as open adoption. What they didn’t plan for was both of these babies arriving into their lives within 8 months of each other. Dr. Claire embraced this unique situation to provide love and light for her family, birth mothers, and new children.
Today Dr. Claire is an open book about the realities of surrogacy, how to balance the emotions between grief and separation after birth, and how to go with the flow.
Aside from sharing her incredible adoption story, Dr. Claire is also touching on her specialization of therapy and assessment for children on the autism spectrum, those with ADHD and other learning differences, and parents who need extramarital therapy after adoption.
If you are a new parent looking to navigate early intervention, formal diagnosis or blended families, Dr. Claire is a wealth of knowledge and testament to the power of never giving up.
How would you handle two babies under the age of 8 months?
Let us know your reaction to Dr. Claire’s story in the comments.
In This Episode
- How having a family member as your surrogate changes your relationship
- Encouraging men to embrace alternative and complex familial connections
- What you can expect to pay for standard surrogacy procedures
- Understanding the need to be your authentic self throughout the adoption process
- Factors to consider in a transracial or multifamily adoption
- Insights Colorado Assessment and Therapy
Contact Dr. Claire at 1-303-935-5307